From:
Susie Lee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Mar 2010 07:11:23 -0500
This is Susie Lee in, of and for The Ferret & Dove Sanctuary in
Pensacola, Florida

A huge box of bedding arrived with a very late mail yesterday ***THANK
YOU!, THANK YOU!! Crafty Weasels and Florence Love most especially!
Every ferret here has been SO Blessed by you!*** after we had just
completed another rescue of a ferret who was (their story) turned in
to a pet store (Ivey's pet Store) by some people who "found" it and
that it was a "biter".

Okay, yeah, this big panda-colored lovely lady ferret had a gnoshing
habit for hands reaching for her and when Wes used work-gloves the
meanwhile ALSO toting his portable oxygen tank around,and she grabbed
and pulled-back on the glove. The care-folks at the pet store moved
her around by wrapping her into a big soft t-shirt (smart girls! :) .
Haven't even gotten pics of her yet, but the vet's office was open and
ready on our way home and she was pronounced young and very healthy
and got her rabies and distemper shot and certificate. I scruffed her
to get the shots done and she was outraged! Her name is Petra Panda
Ferret, for it's so close to Easter, if she'd been a boy she would
have been Peter panda (picking a peck of pickled fingers? :)

Well, it's morning and she's had what's very likely been her first good
night's sleep in genuine darkness in a long while and is *not* offering
to bite at me for anything! And I'm not wearing those rat-handled
gloves (years ago we had a couple of pet rats), neither!