From:
Monica Walker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Nov 1999 10:11:54 PST
Hi everyone and fuzzies.  My thoughts and prayers to those who are sick or
have crossed over.

I was talking with my mom the other night and I was telling her about
Slinky and her lymphoma and the chemo treatments that were starting.  She
asked how much that was going to cost.  I told her probably about $20-$30
a treatment, not sure just yet.

She went "geez" aren't you getting carried away?  I cut her off short, I
said it was my decision and I wasn't tapping into any of my household
money.

You see, my job-mobile mechanic for a Jeep dealership also has me working
for one of our sister stores 1 day a week.  That "extra" money from the
sister store is what I use to take care of any "unexpected" situations that
may come up.  My babies don't lack for anything, they all have hammocks,
play toys, get TF and IAMS mix food.  They are loved very much and all are
very happy.

Has anyone else been on the receiving end of family or friends thinking
that they are spending to much money on their critters.  I realize that my
mom isn't real keen on ferrets, (she can't stand the smell and doesn't
visit because of that) but I own my own home, pay all my bills on time,
and none of my companions (ferrets, dog, or cat) lack for anything.  Any
feedback is appreciated.

(Don't get me wrong, I'm not going to change the way I do things just for
my mom, she is after all my mom, but my fuzzies are my babies.)

Monica and the Weasel Ward

James, Clyde, Squeeker, Slinky, Tango, Cash, Taffy, Amanda,
Yuki, Keegan, Jewel, Samson, Bear, Felix, Karizma.
Bonnie and Bartles, gone but not forgotten.
http://homepages.msn.com/PetsPl/ferretsrule1