Date:
Wed, 15 Feb 2006 22:11:37 -0500
Missing my Chloe~
Well, it's been over a month since I helped my little Chloe to the Bridge
(January 9th) and I'm finally to the point where I can talk about her
without weeping.

Sandee please keep an eye out for my girl- She'll be looking for my
little girl ^Moon^ and my big boy ^Ziggy^ and I know they'll be glad to
see her.

I adopted her almost 7 years ago from a bad situation.  They were letting
the golden retrievers play with her (unsupervised and boy were they
rough) and she was terrified and full of fleas.  I don't know how she
was still alive.

She was my first ferret and I found out 6 months after I got her that I
was extremely allergic to ferrets.  Couldn't exactly bring her back could
I?  I think I kept Benedryl in business.

She was my little shadow.  She was a terrible biter (Imagine that) and it
took months before I could hold her without her drawing blood.  She never
did accept my husband.  It didn't take long before I got my first ferret
kiss.  The others weren't big kissers but chloe was.  She would always
check on me to make sure I was there and then scamper off to play in the
tubes with the others.  She was my little bowlegged girl and she would
cock her head to the side when I talked to her just like she knew what I
was saying.  For some reason she liked so scoot around upside down.  The
cutest thing ever!

About 2 years ago I found out that she had adrenal tumors and my vet
charges 800 to 1600 for a surgery like that, which was way out of my
range (I don't know how you all do it).  I got the shots for her but in
the last few weeks she became pretty sleepy and didn't really want to
come out and play anymore.  It didn't seem like she was in pain but one
night I just knew by looking in her eyes that it was time to help her to
the bridge.  She is in a little rock garden out in the back yard and I
put her bell-ball in her box with her.  I miss her like crazy.  She was
my first ferret and taught me what it was like to be a ferret mommy.  The
other two went to the bridge before her, so she was also my last ferret.
If it weren't for the allergies I'd be knocking on the local rescues
door.

Sandee- please let her know that I tried the best I could - and I miss
her.

greta-
missing Ziggy, Moon & Chloe