From:
Cris Page <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 May 2001 09:34:55 +0100
>Seems like the fresh air would be more fun then stuck inside a house 24
>hours a day 7 days a week.  UK ferret live longer then the American ones
>so they must be doing something right...If it angers one to see the UK
>ferrets not getting to get out and work to keep their weight down
>...because of the hoof and mouth disease and this being the reason to be
>stuck in cages all the time now

Ok this is in no way meant to sound judgemental of other UK owners.... but,
even if you cant go "working", surely some walking on a leash would help?

Bubbles and Skweek are not workers, but they as much "outdoor time" as I
can give them, and love walking on a leash and exploring the sites and
sounds around our town, and before anyone chimes in about restrictions in a
rural area, I am in Pembrokeshire S.Wales, a very rural area, surrounded
by agriculture.  You dont have to go onto farm land to excersize ferrets,
and "leash walking" in town presents no more risk than walking a dog.....
or allowing a cat out at night.  or even going shopping yourself.

I cant wait to see how Rhubarb and Custard take to the leash, 4 fuzzies to
walk... that should be fun !!!!!  Happiness is fuzz covered :o)

Cris Page .. Bubbles, Skweek, Rhubarb 'n' Custard. (da West Coast Weezilz)