From:
"Margaret Zick (and Stan, Ollie and Jezebel)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Mar 1996 22:25:29 -0500
Hi Everyone,

Wire floors--
We use a polypropolene indoor/outdoor carpet on cage floors.  Its basically
made out of PETA 1 plastics (soda bottles etc).  Its a short nap with built
in padding.  I cut it to fit with a utility knife and tack in place with
double sided carpet tape.  It's cheap, sold at building centers for around
$5.50 a linear foot (it's 12 ft.  wide).  They usually sell 2ft runner
widths also.  The info in the stores says it can be hosed off!  Just made
for ferrets!  LOL!

ECE--
Well, when it hit us over a month ago now, the poop was neon green slime. No
confusion there. As they recouped, it has had birdseed apperance, been all
shades of green and had diarrhea off and on. During all that we didn't have
any brown and green poop, maybe its something in the diet. But I'd still be
cautious, it seems that there is a lot of ece out there right now. Check to
make sure they don't get dehydrated, pull the skin on the back up and see if
it goes down instantly. If not, they need fluids. Support care is the best
thing, I think. Good luck!

To Gary--
Stan wardanced today!  And dooked a little!  And chased me around the living
room, biting toes!  I had to do quite a jig to stay out of his way!  This is
the first time he played in over a month.  I cried.  He chased Miss Stella
around too.  Then they went and curled up together for a nap.  It was such a
good day.

Momma Margaret and Daddy Alan :)  :)
Stan-I told you I would dance soon!