From:
Jennifer Lutton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Sep 1995 10:36:01 -0400
My fuzzies, when in the cage, always go for the back right corner, the
bottom of their ramp. This struck me as really dumb, since they have to
walk up the ramp, but it works for them, I guess. It was really annoying
trying to get their uhh, stuff out of the wire ramp. So I made a two-teir
litterbox system, hah! I took a big plastic box and cut one corner with a
utility knife so that that part will fit under the ramp. Then I took a
rectangular plastic food container (called "flavor saver," I had to laugh)
and poked holes in the rim so I could tie it to the cage with twisties, and
put that on the level part of the ramp. It's all very silly, but they don't
miss anymore, and it's much easier to clean up. The twisties keep them from
shoving the litterboxes around. (They like to move the litterbox away, and
then poop in the corner on the floor. If it's nailed down, though, they use
the box. Go figure. I hope this helps.

Jen
Casper and Nova