Date:
Sat, 15 Sep 2001 16:40:13 EDT
>I also have been scruffing her when she bites but, without being able to
>hear my stern voice I find it is not as effective.

Cheryl, I've found that hissing- exhaling in their face works to some
degree.  They may not hear the hiss, but they feel the air.  I have a
rescue who is under a year.  He's a hoot.  He has no fear, and leaps like
a cat!  He still bites hard when he gets excited.  It has improved.  I
thump the floor when I want to get his attention or alert him to my
presence.  It just takes time.  Do you have just the one ferret or more?
I think having a hearing ferret helps a deaf one feel comfortable.

Carla Roberts
ADSA, AL President
http://www.skunks.org/Home.htm    The 100% American Pet