From:
"marie i. schatz" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Jul 1996 09:11:18 -0400
Hi all, first a VET question: I just had Boris' scent glants (he's a year
old) because they seemed to be bothering him.  He seems much peppier now,
eating better etc.  but I have noticed that his poop is much skinnier and he
may be straining a little.  His stitches have been out for a couple of
weeks.  Could something during surgery have caused this?

Regular question; Foggy's progress had been on my mind, I hadn't been on FML
for awhile, then I saw yesterday's post.  Was there an update on Foggy while
I was gone?  How is he doing?  (you can e-mail me direct).

Harrison - Since ferrets don't always act "sick" when something is bothering
them I monitor their "attitude" closely.  Maybe bottle brushing a lot and
hiding more means he's not feeling well, partial blockage?  I don't want to
worry you but you could maybe check his poop, eating etc.  just in case.

Someone wondered the other day if their ferret would have been happier alone
(they just got another one and they aren't getting along).  I got Boris for
Giesela and I know how you feel.  It's been almost a year and while they
integrated pretty easily and get along I don't think Giesela "loves" Boris
and may have been almost as happy alone.  Still I think it was a good thing
to do because he keeps her active and gives her more to do and can play
ferret games in the dryer tube better than me:) even if she thinks he more
of a pain than not.  They will eventually get along and sleep together etc.
just hang in there!

Thanks and dooks to all
Miss Mary, Boris and Giesela