From:
Patricia Curtis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 May 1997 20:34:45 -0700
Hi folks!

This is Buddy.  Trish is my human servant and I love her a whole bunch!!
Trouble is my little sister, and I love her too.  Of all the ferts here, I
am the one who does most of the computer writing, and I have several email
pals.  I don't remember writing to this FML thing before, but maybe I just
forgot.  Trouble has a story to tell you all, but you would never be able to
understand her spelling because she thinks wardancing on the keyboard is
typing.  So she is telling me this story and I am typing it for her (I was
asleep when it happened so I wasn't there).  My spelling is not too good but
mom will correct it before I send this in.  I hope you all like Trouble's
story.

Hey peoples!!  This is Trouble.  Trish is my human servant too, and she says
she's posted stuff about me before so some of you may already have heard of
me, I guess I am a famous fert!!

Well, I just have to tell you the mean thing that mommy did to me tonight.
I suppose it wasn't enough that I had a bath this week for no good reason.
First, I need to explain the setting.  Mom has moved all the ferts into the
livingroom for the summer because it's where the air conditioner is and we
can stay a little cooler in here.  We all live in a land called Texas and
boy is it hot here!!!  Sam was eating the couch (he was trying to kill it
mom says) so she had to take all the cushions off of it and hide them from
Sam, so now it's just a wood frame thing.  She has stacked some wire cages
on the couch frame, it looks funny, but it works.

Tonight I was out playing by myself (I'm special you know) and I got brave
and climbed up on top of a tall wire cage on the couch.  I like to climb
cages and get up real high, then just stay up there and watch while mommy
searches frantically on her hands and knees looking *under* everything for
me (hee, hee).  Well, some new rescue kids came in recently with one of
those dumb triangle shaped plastic litter pans that ferrets don't like
anyway.  Mom doesn't use those, except for strange stuff like bird feeders
outside in the trees.  Pretty funny huh?  Anyway, when those kids came in it
was hectic here, as usual, so she just cleaned their dumb litter box and put
it up on top of that cage on the couch (she put a *real* litter box in with
the new kids), she was probably going to hang it in a tree in a few days.

Well, when I got up on top of that cage that funny litter box/bird feeder
thing looked interesting so I climbed into it to play.  I am a *little* girl
so I can fit in them.  Well, I was just having fun then suddenly it started
to run away with me.  That silly thing slipped down off the back of the cage
and got stuck between the cage and the curtains against the wall.  Well,
poor little me was still inside that thing, and I was stuck and couldn't get
out.  I was just hanging there, kind of stuck in mid-air.  I started moving
and scratching and making noises and mom came right away to see what trouble
I was in, hmm, that's my name you know, how funny.  Anyway, I stuck my head
out around the side of the box, it would barely fit between the box and the
wall, but I managed.  I am looking straight at mom and yelling at her with
my eyes saying "help, get me outta here, mom!!" Well this is the mean thing
she did, she just busted out laughing at me and then she ran and got the
*camera* and took pictures of my little head sticking out from behind the
litter box, stuck between the cage and the wall.  Boy, was that mean!!  She
just left me hanging there while she took *pictures*!  Well, the camera
screwed up (so she says) so she had to stop and then she *finally* got me
out of that *death trap*.

So you all can rest easy now, I survived and am still alive after that
darned old litter box tried to kill me.  I am a bit mad at mom though.  But
later she shared her chicken with me so that made things alot better.  Well,
that's all I got to say.  I will let Buddy tell you about the chicken
thing....bye bye....Trouble

Okay this is me Buddy again.  Yes, mom gives us cooked chicken as a treat
sometimes and me and Trouble and Sugar just love it!!!  It's just the soft
meat part, no skin or seasonings, and we only get a few very small bites.
It is a neat treat, I hope all of you ferts out there can get your human
servants to cook some for you.  In case anyone is wondering, mom says that
cooked *meat*, especially chicken meat, is easy for us to digest and nothing
like vegetables and fruits that mom worries about so much.  I just know it
tastes real good.

Well, I am gonna go back and finish my nap now.  See ya....Buddy