From:
sandee ferret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Oct 2005 19:07:51 -0700
On this fall day, a gorgeous panda/blaze came walking over the worn,
wooden planks of the Rainbow bridge.  His lush coat is to die for.  Sir
Walter is a fitting name for such a regal personality.  I had to smile
when I saw him.  He is just the warmest little fellow.  In his last days,
Sir Walter had gone blind.  He was already deaf.  But up here, he is his
old self and more.

I took him to where the Poop in the Corner Gang stay, where they wait for
their cage mates, future friends, and most of all their hoomin mamma.
They took Sir Walter to a place like his mother wanted to bring him to
before he left.  To the grassy fields of the meadow so that he could roll
around, and to sit in the sun.  There were plenty of plants to unearth
and set free as well.  He was sort of more partial to this area than
anywhere else.  Perhaps that is because it was his moms last wish for him
to do this, and it was not granted.  It's not that he wanted to so much,
he got plenty of that with his momma on earth long before he got sick.
But sometimes a last wish stays with someone.  And so he dooks as he
snuffles through the grass with the others.

You know, a meteor show is on it's way.  And I'm sure as Sir Walters mom
looks to the skies she can well imagine all of her past little friends
surfing the skies on the tails of those stars.