From:
petersen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Apr 1999 09:07:33 -0500
Rachel Feibelman wrote:
>If anyone has experience with either of these in ferrets would you e-mail
>me the info.  My 4 1/2 year old male went in today to get a mast cell
>tumor removed and the vet looked at his eye because it was cloudy and
>said that he had a luxated lens and probably glaucoma.  What are the
>options for ferrets?

Rachel, we've had several ferrets, both personal and shelter, develop
cataracts, as well as our mascot only having one eye (see our web page for
the full story).  Our experience is that ferrets do very well with limited
vision as they seem to do very well with deafness.  Unless the glaucoma is
harming him otherwise, I would not worry about treating it.  Our experience
is that it will not hurt his quality of life.

Good luck.

Kurt & Sara Petersen
FURRY (Ferrets Underfoot RUnning Round You)
http://members.igateway.net/~furry

Help raise money for the shelter!  Click on
http://www.iGive.com/html/ssi.cfm?cid=5129