Date:
Sun, 7 Sep 2008 15:16:13 -0400
>I cry every time I see the ASPCA ad on T.V. featuring Sarah
>McLaughlin's song and photos of sad, homeless, neglected animals.
>I am supportive of the ASPCA and their efforts. HOWEVER, I do
>notice that ferrets are apparently INVISIBLE "

Lesley, I think we've all noticed what you have and if you can imagine
it's a very sore subject among the rescuers in our community. What
slays me about the situation is how even a small child notices what you
have! My Sean. Nobody in our home is an activist in any way shape or
form. And truth be told, most of our lives doe not include conversation
about animals because we are just to involved with other aspects of our
lives. We need stress relief in this home at every turn. So in fact, we
make it a point of not pointing out things that are negative, things
that "should" be, etc. More than many other families, we just take
things for what they are and move on. So my son has never heard any
emotional words about anything regarding the lack of advocacy of these
animals. Yet, when that ad comes on, my son, Sean gets a real stick up
his butt about it. He get's so agitated, and we garenteed an earful
after every airing. And after every earful, I have no answers. But
how pathetic is it that a kid notices the same thing as you? I have
an even worse chip on my shoulder about the HSUS.