From:
Rebecca Stout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Aug 2004 20:19:29 EDT
I thought it might be fun for people to talk about people they've met in
the ferret world from the FML, online and off.  I have such great
memories about the very first friends I made.  I thought it would be fun.

One of the first people I met was Kat Parsons.  She was the warmest
person I had met and she just put me at ease.  She enabled me to be
comfortable enough to let her make a webpage about Sean and his X-mas
ferret experience.  She gave me confidence enough to post about Sean and
Rocky.  Further, when I had lanquage problems, she made me feel like a
million bucks about posting, emails, and even writing.  Another person
who reached out to me was Kouri Woods mom, Georgia.  Without hesitation
she emailed me asking me questions about Sean's autism.  I loved it.  It
was so fresh for someone to be so direct and curious.  We made friends
and had lots of fun years to come.  She's been a very special friend to
Sean in the past.  I wish I could list everyone I'm friends with here,
but I can't.  Because when I joined the FML, so many people befriended
me, I couldn't not possibly list you all.  Everyone here is so friendly.
It's truly been very unique compared to anything else I've ever
experienced.

Later on, I met both ladies offline under very different circumstances.
Those were great days.  I must give credit to Randy Belair, the IFC, BIG,
etc, for making the symposiums live on so that we can meet our great
friends in person.  Because these continue on ... I'll be able to meet
many of you in the future.

I have many friends, and so does my family.  My sons get to talk to Robin
Jones on the phone regularly.  Further, they are like family to Sharon
Beardon and Renee Downs.  They call many of you friend, such as Sukie,
Judy Cooke (whom they know as "the Elf"), Lynda the Candian Gallaway, and
more.  They also know many of you well by name whether you realize it or
not.  And so does my husband.  I didn't know if you knew that.  Well now
you do.  Many of you might have only exhanged a word or two with me.  Or
maybe none at all.  Yet you have a big impact on my life.  You also are
known and cared for by my family.  Believe me.

Wolfy
http://wolfysluv.jacksnet.com