From:
Jason Creager <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Jan 1997 12:41:04 -600
Hi everyone.

I looked in Rockford's cage two nights ago and saw something disturbing.
She was laying along the edge of her litter box with her hind end in the
rear.  It looked like one of her legs had slipped through the wire floor.  I
picked her up and she was extremely disoriented.  Thinking that maybe her
leg was just asleep from restricted blood flow, I put her on the floor and
she just laid there with a blank look on her face.

She didn't snap out of it.  She tried to crawl forward, but it looked like
her legs weren't working right.  I noticed that she hadn't eaten very much,
so we made some mush and spoon fed her for several minutes.  We put her in
the cage and turned the heat up a bit.

Ten minutes later, she was up and begging to be let out of the cage.
Everything seemed normal again.  We can only assume it was some sort of
seizure, but we've never noticed anything like this before.  Rockford's over
five years old.  She was so unresponsive and glassy eyed, we thought she
might even be dying.

She played for hours last night and was up digging in her playhouse early
this morning.  Do we need to see our vet about this?  Any ideas of what she
should look for specifically?

Any thoughts appreciated.

Jason, Allison, Rockford, Storm