From:
"Hosea E. Maggard" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Jan 1998 18:23:10 -0800
This is regarding the post for help for the CA ferret shelter.

I don't know how other Californians feel about this, but I for one feel that
people should make up their own mind if they want to donate to this shelter.
Just because the shelter is not sanctioned by CDFA does not make them any
less needy.  If people are not comfortable contributing, they don't have to.
Are those unofficial rescues not hungry or needy?  Who is CDFA to decide
what shelter is politically correct.  And BTW, what is the relationship they
have with Fish and Game?  I don't know about other Californians, but so far
Fish and Game hasn't done much for me to get my ferrets legalized.  And I
don't know about this airfare for shipping ferrets out of state.  $200.00 is
that first class?  It cost me $98.00 to fly my three ferrets to Amarillo, TX.

Anyways, for those people that don't feel comfortable contributing, DON'T.
For those of you that have contributed, I would like to thank you in the
name of all the unofficial rescues that might have gone without food.  Thank
you to all those caring people that don't worry about Fish and Game's
approval.

Ilona, Ferretless in CA

BTW, Fish and Game if you are reading this, I'm not the shelter, so don't
bother coming over to raid my home again.