From:
Kathy Henderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Jul 2000 11:56:38 -0400
Hello Ferret Friends,
Well, I am writing an update.... For those of you who answered me with
advice and support... last month my little 3 month old Kit escaped... and
we tried everything to aid the return..  as recommended by all of you who
so generously considered our plight...

We went door to door, and laid out 'dirty' bedding at both the front and
rear of the house... we posted adds and hung a reward poster at the post
office... I hunted at night with a flashlight and walked the sister around
on her chain.. to the neighbor back porches and under their bushes..I now
have to surrender and accept the idea that she has found living quarters
more suitable to her taste...

May God Be With Her...It was a sad lesson to learn and we will continue to
miss her and hope that somewhere she has established a new identity....

Today I am looking for a vetrinarian in Northern NY who deals with
ferrets.... We are thinking ahead to the health issues that may need to
be covered...

Thank you
Kathy, Abby, Colin and Mia Ferret.....