From:
Pamela Greene <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Jul 1996 09:42:26 -0400
Momo from Japan asked:
>Mine, 6 mounths old albino, never stop walking or sniffing around,
>and only phtographs I could take was all SLLEPING!

We have lots of "baby pictures" of our ferrets, nearly all of them taken
while the ferret was either sleeping or eating.  Try putting a bit of
lickable treat on the floor and take the picture while your kit stands there
licking, or have someone hold the ferret and wait for it to look at the
camera.

Robin Hood (?!) asked:
>I've heard ferret's play rough, but how rough is rough?  Should
>we just let the two go at it (so long as we don't see blood) or what?

Check out the FAQ section on introducing new ferrets for some advice. It's at
http://www.optics.rochester.edu:8080/users/pgreene/faq/part2.html#introduce

Jennifer wrote:
>Is it dangerous to let fleas inhabit your living space and ferrets
>for very long?

As I've heard, besides the discomfort of flea bites, there are three
dangers.  One, a ferret can become anemic if too many fleas take a blood
snack -- watch for pale gums and lethargy.  Two, the bites can become
infected.  Finally, I know dogs can catch tapeworms from swallowing affected
fleas, and I'd be surprised if ferrets couldn't.

>Finally, Jasmine also developed a weird habit of rubbing her behind on the
>carpet/floors AFTER she's used the litter box...

This is very common, and isn't a sign of irritation or anything wrong --
she's just being hygienic.  :) Put a carpet scrap or some newspaper in front
of the box to keep your floor clean.

Karen E. Marsh-Lovvorn wrote:
> Food for the Finicky:
>oatmeal banana or oatmeal rice baby food
>kibble, crushed to a fine powder
>a couple pumps of ferretone
>a few drops of Pet Tinic liquid vitamins
>1-2 scoops of KMR or PMR
>water

This looks like a good mix, except for that oatmeal baby food.  Ferrets
really don't get much use out of vegetable proteins or carbohydrates.  Try
switching to a chicken or turkey baby food (Beechnut First Stage meat foods
are just meat and broth), which will be more useful to the ferret.

--
- Pam Greene
Ferret Central <http://www.optics.rochester.edu:8080/users/pgreene/>