From:
DONALD AND ELEANOR MEAD <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Jul 2001 09:41:34 -0400
After personally having dealt with MSPCA after reporting ferrets without
water and left outside in a hutch filled with wet bedding and feces, I
will no longer support nor donate to them again until ferrets are treated
as an equal to cats and dogs!

I won't go in to the story, but after reporting this last year, it was
reported again this year by a neighbor.  Thank God these 2 ferrets were
rescued by Gimmee Shelter Ferret Rescue and have since been adopted out!

I have sent them a note to take my name of their mailing list and to no
longer send me anything until ferrets are equal.  I will be doing the same
with HSUS .  Instead I have told them I will only donate to local shelters
who really care and deserve more than anyone could give for their kindness,
love and big hearts!  My hat goes off to all of you shelter owners, you are
wonderful people!  May God bless you all always!!!

Eleanor