From:
Kimberly Trusty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Nov 2005 13:54:38 -0600
Hello friends
We here at the shelter had to say a tearful and heart wrenching good-bye
last night to a sweet little boy.  Paco was almost 12 years old, blind
and had had adrenal surgery some years back.  He would not play with
other ferrets but loved his mom.  He would always give the bestest kisses
when you picked him up from his nap.  Lately he had been sleeping more
and about a week ago I thought he had a seizure.  I took him to the vet
and he said that he couldn't really tell and offered to put him to sleep,
but also told me that he didn't seem to be suffering at that time.  I
took him home with me to keep as long as he wasn't suffering.  Yesterday
evening I noticed that he was really sleepy and appeared to be unable to
walk.  I wrapped him in his favorite blankie and snuggled him on the
couch with me.  Late last night he a horrible seizure and made his way
to the rainbow bridge, please look for him.  He will be afraid because
now he will be able to see and he never could before (he was born blind).
I know that some people think its wrong to put animals to sleep but if
I had known how horrible that seizure would hit his poor little body I
would have done it.  I hope that no one ever has to endure that with a
tiny little warrior, it was truly heartbreaking.

Please watch for my darling little fuzzy.  You will not have to tell
him how much he was loved here on this earth, for he knew.  I told him
everyday and a thousand times last night.

A tearful goodbye to a fighting fuzzy warrior--Paco--
from his heartbroken Mom
Kim