Date:
Sat, 18 Jul 2009 07:48:25 -0700
Hello All,

I read the FML daily and will post when it feels necessary. Apparently
many other folks do the same - hence the mailing list!

If a post goes for the jugular of a specific person I am all for taking
it off the public venue and into a "private ring". But this last
exchange between ferret organizations, to me, didn't really seem all
that personal!

Maybe because I've learned over the years to read and reread and try to
make myself read with an objective mind before I fire off a response.

xchanging views publicly without directly attacking the poster is a
good way to exchange information form many corners of the world.

This recent exchange offered some of us the chance to do some research
on our own. I for one didn't realize there WAS another ferret
"Association" other than the AFA - such as the LOS .

It would have saved a bit of time searching had someone indicated that
LOS stood for "Legion of Superferrets" the search engines kept
returning all sorts of links to "LOS angeles!

Anyway no two organizations will EVER see eye to eye, nor have exactly
the same rules and requirements. people are free to choose which
organization suits them best. Is it REALLY necessary to constantly
admonish people to post privately just because their views are
different?

Cheers,
Kim