From:
Pamela Greene <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Nov 1994 11:17:35 -0500
All (or nearly all) of the catalog addresses I've seen here lately,
along with several more, can also be found in the STAR*Ferrets
database.  Send email to <[log in to unmask]> with
SEND FERRET DATABASE
in the body.  I sent requests to 16 of the addresses from that list,
and now I'm fairly swimming in catalogs.  It's great! :-)

Alayne Whaley asked:
> Why is is that the files I signed up to have AFD of, are sent to me
> more than once?

They're sent to you every time they get updated by whoever "owns"
them.  For the FAQ, for instance, that's me.  I've been working on the
FAQ a lot in recent weeks, so I've been updating it more often than
usual.  Also, one of the updates I made ran into a little mailer
trouble, and I resent it, only to find out the next day that both of
them eventually went through.

Sorry for the inconvenience!  Things should have settled down now.

- Pam
friend to Pixxel the fluffball and Rusty the shedding semi-fuzzy
Ferret FAQ: rtfm.mit.edu:/pub/usenet/news.answers/ferret-faq/part[1-5]