From:
vickie sipple <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Feb 2011 05:44:28 -0800
I can answer this an proudly. And anyone can argue with me about it if
they want, why? This is why. I adopted a ferret and she was andrenal
[at first I was hopeing she just had rats tail] her name was Spirit.
Spirit ended up going bald all the way and she had the surgery done,
left side, everything else the vet said looked good and spirit
rebounded, but it took her a yr and 4 months to get all her fur back,
then 2 weeks after she got her fur back her right andrenal went bad
and she got sick real fast, and tho she had been back to the vets she
passed away. [she was almost 7 yrs old] and now theres my little
Stormy, she is 5 now and the dreaded andrenal got her when she turned
3. I started her on the oral melatoin right away, every morning she
got her melatonin, I watched her lose her fur, then she got it back on
her tail, the swelling went down to. She is still presently on oral
melatoin and nothing else, her swelling is still gone and all her fur
is in and she acts like a kit, she is very active, eats and drinks
good, jumps and climbs, plays alot. The implants have been known not
to work and leave some kind of shell in the little bodies that can
make them sick or sometimes kill them. There time released to. And then
theres that lupron ontop of the implants. Stormys fur came in with out
the lupron, I know oral melaton isn't a cure, and I'm sorry surgery
isn't either.

Stormy will be six this year and she isn't showing any signs of slowing
down, she also gets a little tuna in water, she loves it, plus her
regular food. People shouldn't critize other people on care and welfare
of there animals. Oral melatoin comes in differnt doses too and doesn't
leave any foreign objects in there system, plus you don't know what all
goes into makeing these implants, oral melatoin is also time released,
only difference seems to be the price. Everytime you run to a vet your
lineing there pockets to pay for there life styles and then they push
products on you and your paying the high cost of meds for ferrets that
in turn pay the drug companys lifestyles and you go bankrupt. The
ferrets in turn become lab animals. What I mean by this is they will
diagnose give you meds and tell you if this don't work then we'll try
this or that. And keep in mind all animals are different, what works
for one may not work for another..