Date:
Tue, 4 Jan 2005 09:38:04 -0800
There is another group that is willing to help transport ferrets.
Flying Paws (http://www.flyingpaws.org) is primarily active in the
southwest.  In the past I have talked to them and learned that the
biggest problem is not enough pilots to make connections.

So, on behalf of the group and the ferret community, I am making a
request.  If you will print out some info and take it to a flight school
or local airport (the General Aviation area) and post it on the board, we
may get more pilots to do this, increasing availability of the services.

Student pilots must earn so many hours of cross country flying as they
upgrade their certifications.  If you have to go anyway, why not do so
with a purpose?  OK, off the soapbox.  But this is an excellent
opportunity for those people who like to fly to have a REASON to make
that trip!

And, for those of you who have healthy, vaccinated ferrets needing
transport, don't forget about Ferrets Across America
(http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Ferrets_Across_America/).
This group is excellent.  I encourage you to learn more about how you
can help.

Happy New Year!
renee :)

=====