Date:
Mon, 25 Nov 1996 18:16:52 0400
There are so many ferret chat servers out there!  In fact, here is a listing
of some that I know about -- these are only ones I know about, there are
bound to be more:

http://incolor.inetnebr.com/mschafer/chat (you need a higher browser to
run this chat)

http://www.angelfire.com/mi/mjt/Ferretzchat.html (you need a higher browser
to run this chat)

http://erau.db.erau.edu:80/%7Eerikssol/fcs/chat.html (you need to register
to get this chat's real address--this is to register to be a member)

http://ferret-world.csc.peachnet.edu/getname.html (anyone can use this
ferret chat server)

Many people have complained that since there are so many ferret chat rooms,
no one can really find anyone when they want to talk, because typically
there are only zero to two people in each chat room.  Personally, I don't
think this is the problem of the people running the chat.  I think we
chatters need to do something to help solve this problem.  And that is:

Next time you go into chat and no one is there, write down when you will be
back using a well-known time zone (such as EST, CT, or use the time the chat
room itself is on).  Then if anyone comes in and sees your message, they
will know right away when to come back if no one is there!

Once you have found a chat room you like, you can also typically bookmark it
(some chats aren't bookmarkable for various reasons) so you can check back
periodically during the day while on-line, and see if anyone is there.

I think if we all follow these two steps, it may get easier and easier to
find people in the chat rooms.  Another great way to be able to find people
in the chat rooms is to pass around the addresses so that many people know
about them!

So go on out there and talk! :o)