From:
Debi Christy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Feb 2001 12:53:51 -0800
First, a virus warning:
Last night I received the "Snow White" worm (W95.Hybris.Gen)in my FML
mailbox (only FML emails come to this address).  It is possible that this
was a random hit, but it's also possible that it was not random and other
FML subscribers may also be targeted.

This is one of those viruses (worms) that attaches to other emails you
send.  See
http://service1.symantec.com/sarc/sarc.nsf/html/W95.Hybris.gen.html
for technical description & removal procedures.  This is not a new virus...
your virus protection should catch if you've update your virus definitions
since November 2000.

Please check your incoming emails carefully.  Immediately delete without
opening any email with a subject line containing a reference to Snow White
or Dwarves.  (Dwarf4you.exe is a common attachment, but it also has other
names as well.)

Tips for traveling with ferrets:
We travel extensively with ferrets on the highways.  If you'd like
information regarding the preparations & procedures necessary to keep a
dozen or so (or less) fuzzies happy, comfy, stress-free, and safe in your
family car (or big rig) feel free to email me.

Debi Christy

[Moderator's note: It's impossible for a virus to be transmitted through
the FML itself since it's sent as a plain-text document, is reviewed before
it's sent out and is even edited on a mainframe (such computers aren't the
usual target of virus writers).  Of course, people compiling a list of FML
posters could send a virus out to you.  BIG]