Date:
Mon, 24 Jul 2000 23:39:43 -0700
Kevin,

Congratulations on quitting!  My husband and I quit 8 years ago.  But he
only lasted a year.  And me being ignorant as to why he was eating mints so
much, I didn't realize it for two years.  Now that's dumb.  But he would
always have an excuse, like "I was with ..... and he was smoking", "I was
down at the Elks and everyone was smoking" and etc.  Well, to make a long
story short...when I discovered he had been smoking for two years.  I was
so upset with him I told him if I didn't have all the ferrets to take care
of I'd leave him (and we've been married 32 years now, so it's not a short
term marriage)!  I was really disgusted with him.  But, lo and behold,
within a week he comes home for lunch, but had stopped at the pet store and
picked up the cutest little dark sable, my Phantom.  So it became a big
joke.  If I ever caught him smoking a cigarette, I got a new ferret.  Well,
since then I got 9 more ferrets, and it wasn't cause I would catch him, but
just in case.

And think of all the money you will save.  I now know I won't go back to
smoking, I can't afford it.....my money goes to ferret care and toys and
all the good stuff for the kids!

Anyway, congratulations and good luck.  When the urge to smoke hits you,
grab a fuzzy and give them a big hug and a scratch behind the ear.  Think
how much better they will be without you smoking.

mjo and the zoo (Lady Star, Topanga, Ragine, Bilbo, Frodo, Frito,
Pepper, & Caesar and the dogs Garth and Darwin......r.i.p.  Phantom,
Nipper, EZ, Lightning, Cleo, & Duke)