From:
Beth Randall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Apr 2008 10:06:12 -0700
Cody,
You should try the website www.petfinder.com and check the classified
section. There are people posting ads to re-home their pet ferrets and
often include all of the supplies as well.

However you do need to realize that the ferret will need annual shots
and a check-up which cost money, and may end up needing medical care
for diseases such as insulinoma or adrenal disease which costs a lot
of money. And of course there are the ongoing costs such as food and
litter.

It may be best until you have a way to finance the pet to wait to get
one. Your parents are teaching you a valuable lesson which will help
you with your pet experiences for the rest of your life.

And don't think I can't sympathize-because I can!

When I was a kid my family didnt allow pets, so I kept earthworms in a
tub and named them all! No kidding! We finally got a cat, then a dog,
but not until I was a teenager. I thought I'd never have pets.

But once you are grown and live on your own you have the whole rest of
your life to care for any animal you wish! Just be careful what you
wish for, because now I care for over 200 rescued animals as director
Critter Camp Exotic Pet Sanctuary! And you know what, I love every
minute of it :) It was well worth waiting for!

Take care,
Beth
www.crittercamp.biz