From:
valerie wahoski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Apr 2006 08:38:03 -0700
Kimberly,
It's getting about spring-summer time, and usually about this time your
fuzzy will probably shed a little weight and their nice soft fuzzy coat.
It is normal, nothing to be alarmed about.  Ferrets normally have a
summer and winter coat, with the winter coat being thicker and fuller (to
keep them warmer of course) In regards to the ear sucking, how old is
your baby?  If he/she is still a kit, I'd suggest that it is just a
phase, You may want to try and divert the sucking to something else for
your baby to chew on.  My ferrets loved the little chewy stars that were
treats (my brain isnt working on fuzzy mode right now you'll have to
excuse me)

If you can, try and keep an eye on your ferret's food intake, and make
sure that he/she is getting plenty of water, if there is more severe
weight loss, I'd recommend a vet, but personally it sounds like a
normal summer shed.

Dooks!
-valerie

~*~*~ VALERIE ~*~*~