From:
sandra robinson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Mar 2008 22:57:10 -0500
Please continue to keep him in your prayers. He just turned 35 a couple
weeks before this accident. Very healthy & fit. Now he is on life
support.

He is one very sick man. He is on a ventilator, tube feedings, so many
machines & tubes everywhere. He is septic now & we almost lost him this
morning. His temp dropped to 63, his BP was 71/52. They had called me
in (ICU, you only visit every 2 hrs for 10 or so minutes) They had to
get warming blankets that blow hot air on him. & it took hours to get
his temp back up. And he is still under it .

Also while he was so cold, they couldn't find a pulse in his legs &
they were purple. They used a doppler to find them but couldn't. They
said if we couldn't get them started back, he would loose his legs.
Thank God that we have an ever so faint pulse there, now.

Now they have him on meds to regulate his BP , this med is working to
keep his bigger organs working with blood, but it constricts the blood
vessels to his outer limbs, so this is one of the issues we are still
working on.

As he is so very swollen ( even the white of his eyes & he can't shut
his eyelids). All the excess fluids, but we are seeing some being done
away with on the continual dialyis.

He is of course on oxygen as well.

I've spoken to so many Drs in the last few days. And all have told me
that we are going minute by minute as he is that sick. A family member
has to be with him at all times.

I race home a couple times a day & tend to ferrets. Sadly, I lost
Dusti.

I also ask that my ferret foster Mom & the VP of the shelter be kept
in prayers as she has suffered a stroke.

God Bless,
Sandi

Sandi
Heaven Scent Ferret Rescue/Shelter
Its nice to be important, but its more important to be nice