From:
june batz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Feb 1999 04:57:18 -0800
Hi all,
Just a few things..Jacky, you mentioned being bit by your cat while worming
her/him, I assume you are aware that cat bites can be nasty, but even more
so when you are bitten in or near a joint, I myself ended up in the
hospital from a bite to the joint of my index finger, PLEASE keep an eye on
it, look for swelling tenderness PAIN, I had to be put on I.V antibiotics
becuse the oral kind just wasnt cutting it.  I forgot who posted this,
regarding giardia, but you said you brought in a sample (s) from your 7
ferrets, to my knowledge and experience, we had to, I had to, bring in the
ferret and get out the ol' fecal loop and get a fresh sample, I guess it
does not matter they still discovered the giardia, I just thought that was
weird..different vets..different methods.

Regarding vaccines, and this applys to all animals, even if you never
take your animals out-side..something I always tell my clients..
AN OPEN DOOR IS ALL IT TAKES.

Stuff happens..pets escape..it is not a risk I am willing to take.

Just my 2 cents
June
Chandler, speaking of open doors WILL YOU PLEASEEE OPEN THIS ONE, my
arms are getting tired
Socks, I am NOT going out there, wayyy to cold