From:
Date:
Thu, 26 Aug 1999 11:58:32 -0700
>From:    Hollie DeGuire <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Balding tail- NO!  THis isn't happening!

If its on the tail itself its not likely to be adrenal.  If its the back
right above the tail... Then it might be.  Rat tails aren't uncommon in
older ferrets and are usually nothing to worry about.

If it is adrenal, the Claudia's age can help determine whether acceptance
is too bad.  If she's youngish - 3 or 4, than work on a way to get the
surgery.  If shes pretty old - 6 or 7.  Then letting it be isn't cruel.
Adrenal problems don't seem painful and are not the cause of death.

>From:    [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Can a person get fleas??

Yes.

>From:    Grace <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Tommy's Tonic?
>Ok what is it and what is it for?

Ironically, its quack medicine.  Something we would never give to a ferret.
Unfortunately, running a shelter doesn't qualify one to know the difference
between real medicine and ineffective "miracle cure alls".

>From:    Dorcus Pointer <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: This really is about the MF #24 photo's

No its not about MF #24's pictures.  You can feel free to practice your
religions (sounds like you've combined a few).  But nothing you choose
should be forced on others.  That article was religious in nature.  You
seem more upset with the general change from what you imagine used to be
the spiritual nature of a holiday to the decline of that superstitious
bent.  Sorry, but that "Holy Day" is not in general acceptance anymore.
It won't be changing back.

>I will or cannot condone Modern Ferret belittling of this holiday nor
>cheapening of itself threw the use of shock, dramatic photos, there are
>better ways to sell a magazine, and more respectful ways to.

Well you will have to accept it though you don't have to condone it.  You
are welcome to feel something else would be better.  You are welcome to
feel that something about it cheapens Modern Ferret.  You might be right.
You also might not.  But regardless Mary and Eric chose to publish pictures
that Harry Anderson and they came up with.  Some of us are quite glad they
did.

-bill
--
bill and diane killian