From:
Gail Elsey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Jan 2002 12:16:39 -0500
Area:
marion, in 46952

I was pursuing my normal entertainment of Aquabid (for aquarium stuff) and
found a post under misc.  of a guy trying to sell his 6 month old ferrets
and a Marshall cage.  Of course, I was outraged and wrote a note to him
begging him not to sell the ferrets and cage for the $30 that was bid on
them to a guy whose call name was "satanisgood" because he didn't know how
they might be treated.  He wrote a note back asking me how I could judge
him, so I wrote back saying that I was involved in an organization that
did ferret rescue and that I also did iguana rescue.  He agreed to give
them to someone I thought was trustworthy in his area (IN).  Now, I fell
responsible for the well being of these very young ferrets.  I would take
them in, but live in NJ.  Is there a shelter, a person, someone who could
take theses ferrets and give them a wonderful home?  I would live to help
out.  He wants references, but I think that is a good idea.  Please,
contact me as he now wants me to find a place for them.

Gail--his message to me follows.

"Gail

I am sincere in the following question.  If you found someone in my area
how do you know you would be able to trust them?  If you can find someone
in my area that has a few references I may be interested in letting them
adopt the ferrets.  I apologize for my first e-mail but I had to kind of
test how you would respond because when you auction anything you can
sometimes get people that just want to argue with you.  Your response
shows that that is not what you are into.  Let me know if you can find
someone trustworthy in this area.  As I said before the auction was never
a sure thing I kept in contact with the highest bidder and at the first
sign they were clueless I advised them to withdraw from the auction or
they were just wasting their time.  Let me know if you can find a
trustworthy person.  I do not really want to get rid of them.  I care for
them very much but I am getting married in May and I am moving into an
area where they will not be allowed."