Date:
Thu, 23 Jul 2009 21:46:51 -0400
Chris and I had to go to the doc today in DC. While we were up there I
told him I had to go see the BFF while we were up there. So, after not
finding any parking places to catch the metro we decided to drive into
the zoo's gates and pray we would find some there. So after a 1 1/2
hour bumper bumper traffic we made it there. By this time it was
pouring cats and dogs and thundering/lightning. I told Chris I don't
care if it is, I have to see the wolves and bff. First we saw the
wolves, then the apes/gorillas. My service dog KC took a liking to the
apes. I started signing to one of them and she appeared to know what I
was conversing about. I signed love, eat then the next thing we knew
she picked up her food and started eating it. After that KC was nose to
nose with her and she started rubbing the glass almost trying to rub
her. It was quite an amazing sight. After that we made it to the bff
exhibit. I was literally shoving my way through a bunch of kids to see
the bff. It was such an amazing sight. She was curled up at first
grooming herself then she tried to catch a few zzzz's. After that she
stared at me. Man, my jaw was to the ground. It was the most amazing
thing I have ever seen. I wanted to take her home if I could have.

Sincerely,
Kris Church LVT