From:
Melinda Wood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 May 1998 19:15:15 -0500
I have done a lot of reading and research about feeding pets an all natural
diet.  Which for a carnivore would be a raw meat diet.

It IS perfectly SAFE.  You do not need to worry about making the animal
sick, because their digestive systems are very different than ours and
were made to digest this kind of food.

I wanted to start my cat on this kind of diet.  I read everything I could
and everything I read said it would be so much better for him because kibble
and canned cat food you buy from the grocery store or vets office contains
many artifical and cancer causing ingredients.  And actually are not very
health for the animal.  The only thing it said to do was if the animal was
not used to this kind of food and had been on kibble or canned food to
slowly switch the food and add enzymes to the food to help build up the
animals own natural enzymes for about a week.

Raw food provides more vitamins, minerals and nutrients than cooked food.
Commercial pet food has been really over cooked at very high temperatures.
A home prepared raw food diet is much better than that which is bought in a
bag or a can.

A really good book to read is "Dr. Pitcairn' Complete Guide To Natural
Health for Dogs and Cats" It has a great section on what is really in your
pets food and how to make your own raw, natural pet food.  This book is
available at bookstores and the library, or at least it is in my area.
There are a lot of other books available too if you are interested.

If I can be of any further help please let me know.      :)

Melinda