From:
Rachel Leeman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Mar 2006 11:12:34 -0400
I noticed there has been a lot of discussion on raisins lately.  Now,
this is my opinion, and has nothing to do with kidney failure, but I
think it is important none-the-less.

A lot of people say, "giving ferrets fruit, raisins, etc, in moderation
is fine".  This is FALSE.  Ferrets are obligate carnivores.  They
shouldn't be given these things, even as an occasional treat.  It's like
giving your dog the "occasional treat" of chocolate.  It can be very
problematic and even deadly.

SO, just keep in mind that ferrets are obligate carnivores.  They aren't
suppossed to be eating fruit, veggies, or fiberous foods.  They can lead
to diareha, blockages, and health problems down the road.