From:
Kim Schilling <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Dec 2003 14:48:59 -0600
>From:    Amy Robbin <[log in to unmask]>
>
>I just bought a bottle the other day and it contained the ingredient
>you described, bismuth subsalicylate.  I compared it to my bottle of
>Pepto Bismol and it also contains bismuth subsalicylate.  If both of
>these are dangerous to ferrets, what else has the necessary coating
>action for ulcers?

Talk to you vet, but K P Sol made by Evsco is FOR animal use.  Not only
might ferrets like the taste better - making it easier to get it down -
but it has JUST Kaolin and Pectate - we know it's safe, and it works.
It's also a lot pricier than over the counter Kaopectate though, but
worth it.  Also, Kaolin-Pectin by Durvet is $7.00 a gallon.  It has
nothing but Kaolin and Pectin as ingredients.  I don't know if it's an
identical product to KP Sol or not, but it is cheaper!

I can't reiterate enough to PLEASE talk with your vets about this sort of
thing!  I hope that helps a little.

Kim