From:
Bill Gruber <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Feb 2002 00:41:51 EST
I'm trying to figure out how to write this without taking sides -- I think
both Lisa and Carole have more in common here than the current discussion
indicates.  Things in common like a willingness to help ferrets.  Things
in common like genuine misunderstandings over the situation.

I have one major observation to make about comments people are sending
though: Most of you were not at the symposium.  I do NOT recall Lisa
saying Carole's ferrets were not living in good conditions, but that
seems to be what everyone who was not there is jumping on.

I'm sure mistakes were made on both "sides", but I'm even more sure that
there was some real confusion and misunderstanding in the hectic period
when all this was occurring.

If Lisa or Carole wish to personally post a factual recap of what went on,
fine.  But I don't think it's appropriate for 3rd parties to get involved
any further.

Bill