Date:
Thu, 16 Sep 1999 23:52:52 +0000
I don't care what any of you say, but I don't need mine to be big.  In fact
I like 'em small.  Well, actually, any size will do because I'm not fussy.

Most of my ferrets were shelter ferrets.  And most of them were adopted out
at about one year of age.  And seeing as ferrets were popular meant that a
lot ended up at the shelters.  Unfortunately, not many people were educated
in how to feed a ferret properly, so the outcome was always the same: the
ferrets were small in size.  I got so use to the fact that ferrets came
this way that I forgot how big they can truly get.  It use to bother me
when the vets would remark on how tiny these furry bundles were.  But since
then, I have learned that proper nutrition in the ferrets first year, makes
a BIG difference when it comes to size.

You only have to look at Mushu and Ping to see the difference.  Coming up
on their first birthday (how time flies) they have surpassed little Bear's
size (who is reaching 5) and have now nearly matched the boys, Chook and
Taero (who are about 6).  It is truly amazing to see the difference.

But you know, when it comes right down to it, size doesn't matter.  Because
when you have such an abundance of love packed into one of those tiny
little bodies, it just doesn't matter.

So go on, brag about how big yours are... it won't phase me in the least.
Because I have all I need right here under my roof... that is, until ferret
math kicks in again....

betty and her blur o'fur