From:
"Stines, James" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Nov 2003 08:06:02 -0600
I too wanted to thank Ronald for writing in on ferrets (and animals in
general) after death.  I share the belief that animals do have spirits
and will carry on after this life.  I also believe our interaction with
them will be part of how we are judged.  If you can not be compassionate
to those that are under your care, how can you expect compassion.

I also wanted to share a little about Riley.  She recently turned 8yrs
old.  She has lost some weight over the last few months, but not rapidly
enough to cause any alarm.  She has always been the most feisty about
getting out of her cage and time has not slowed her down.  In the morning
and evening I usually let them play.  She will stand up and move her head
from side to side trying to get your attention.  She is the biggest thief
of all, preferring soft, small baby toys.  I have to clean out her stash
from under the computer desk every other day.  She runs around, but needs
to stop frequently to rest.  I was sitting on the floor reading the paper
yesterday, so she crawled on my lap for a little scratching.  She got so
excited she did a little war dance.  Since we got the two big boys, they
tried to establish a little dominance, but Big Momma Riley would have
none of it.  She lets them know it is her house.

Bebe has just gotten her winter coat.  She is quite the maven of style.
In the summer she wore gold on her shoulders.  That has all been replaced
by a soft silver for wither.  And she is super soft, when I pick her up
I'm afraid she'll shoot right out of may hands.  The boys are still
brutes and gaining weight and strength every day.

Go have some Ferrapy today, it'll make you feel better.

James, Melissa, Kassidy & Jasmine

Loving:  Bebe, Riley, Fred & Max
Missing: Wheezer, Pym, Rikki, Jako