From:
Julie Dowdy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Aug 2000 03:30:21 -0700
Reet <[log in to unmask]>
>Of course, the person quite possibly was an idiot.. >

What a crappy day I had.  It's 3:00 am, I'm so stressed out and can't sleep
and reading this, and this just cracked me up.  I know it wasn't meant to
be funny, but it was, so thank you!

>From:    Marie Schatz <[log in to unmask]>
>IMHO one of the top 5 rules of companion animal breeding - never breed
>more than you can take back.  I.e.  if you breed and give away or sell the
>babies you should be prepared to taken back those babies/adults and rehome
>them if necessary.  No one else should have to rescue and deal with a
>breeders stock.

This should be printed out and put up on a wall at every single breeder's
facility/home in the world.  Maybe if it was, people wouldn't run shelters
AND breed at the same time.  Also, it could be ammended to include buy and
dump pet owners.  Never buy an animal you can't find a better home for.

>I am so relieved to find out things turned out better than they could
>have, but sadly worse than they should have.  What sort of idiot not only
>releases ferrets, but in breeding season?  Some people, me thinks,
>shouldn't be allowed out.

I find it odd that people debate endlessly on the ethics/morals of breeding
animals, when sometimes I think we need to talk about what we can do to
stop stupid people from breeding themselves.

Julie