From:
Christopher Stephan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Feb 1996 14:21:08 -0600
Judith White asked:
>Could someone explain the origin of the Rainbow Bridge?  I really like it.
>Is it for ferrets only, or did it already exist for humans?

The Rainbow Bridge (Bifrost) is from Viking Mythology - it is the bridge
that links Midgard (the world inhabited by humans) to Asgard (the home of
the Gods).  It was built of fire, air and water, and it took the form of a
rainbow.  In their mythology, it was only used by the Gods to come down to
the human world and back home again.  It was guarded by a god, Heimdall.

So it's current usage is an adaptation.

Hope that wasn't more than you cared to know <G>!

Vanessa