Date:
Tue, 7 Feb 1995 09:31:00 CST
Hi All!
I've debated on posting Dr. Neils address but because I believe it is
important that the Health Depts realize there are more than just a"few"
ferret people out here, I feel I should.  I would ask that anyone who
writes or calles Dr. Neil, be polite, and keep your emotions in control.
I personally talked with Dr. Neil, and like my father, he can be quite
trying (my dad calls ferrets rats in public and boy does that set me off -
only he does this to get a reaction and I got the same impression from
Dr. Neil).  We must put forth a professional, knowledgable, informative
attitude to accomplish anything.  Once we put the opposition on the defense
we have already lost the battle.  Dr. Neil, (301)791-3260, Washington Co
Health Dept, 1302 Pennsylvania, Hagerstown, MD, 21740.  Oh, for future
reference, to obtain addresses you can call information in the area code
of the business, if you don't know the area code try them all.

Window Screens - With my first ferrets I bought 1/4x1/4 welded wire and
placed it over all windows so even if the ferrets got to the window they
couldn't scratch though the wire to the screens.

Mop Water - I use my kitchen sink as a mop bucket so the ferrets can not
get into my cleaning solution which is critical because I use bleach for
the disinfectant qualities.  Leaves the sink shiny too!

No Pets Policy - Sometimes landlords will let you keep a "caged" pet like
a mouse, rat, or guinea pig so if you approach your landlords on this
level and you have a cage for your ferret (don't mention ferret though)
they may agree to a "caged" pet.  I manage a trailer and I have a tenant
moving in in May that has 16 ferrets, 2 rats, a bunny, and fish.  Not a
problem with me!

Hugs to all!  tle