From:
J Higgins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Jun 2000 14:24:57 -0400
At 10:34 6/18/00 -0700, Charleen Schuster wrote:

>We need your help.  Enclosed in this email is the address of Petco and
>their website.  Please blitz them repeatedly with letters asking them to
>STOP SELLING FERRETS.  We are so tired of rescuing small sick litter
>ferrets who cannot eat crunches yet and need to be nursed back to health.
>We take care of htem just to give them up to Petco and watch them being
>sold.  This is just too heartbreaking.  Please help!  Keep writing.

I think you may be focusing your attention in the wrong place, or not
enough places.  There is nothing inherently wrong with pet stores selling
ferrets.  The real problem is with the breeder who is shipping them so
young that they do not survive without your intervention, and maybe not
even then.

First of all, I see this sort of practice on the part of a nationally known
breeder as being so irresponsible and foolish as to be nearly unbelievable.
Even nothing but a pure profit motive devoid of any care for the animals
would lead to better practices than you describe.  Did you see both the ear
tattoos AND the Marshall Farms paperwork on these kits with your own eyes?
Did you see the shipping papers and invoice?  What is the contact
information for the actual Petco store involved?  The address you provided
is apparently for the Petco home office in California and we all know the
ferrets weren't shipped there.

Please provide all of the information necessary to dig to the heart of this
matter.

--
Jim H