From:
Eric Marske <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 May 1996 22:31:02 -0400
I joined this mailing list to be able to communicate with other ferret
lovers all over the world.  So far I have greatly enjoyed reading the many
letters and advise that you all have given, but now I need some advise...

I have two wonderful female ferrets (Crystal and Daisey) who have been the
energy of the house hold over the last three years.  Crystal we purchased
from a local pet store when she was 9 months old and she has always been
very trim.  Daisey, we have had sense she was a kit, has always been very
"healthy" but never overweight.

We live in an area with very few ferret owners and very vet experienced vets
(at least as far as we can tell).  Crystal has recently been loosing the
hair on her tail and it does not seem to be growing back.  It is getting
warmer here and she always looses her winter coat this time of year, but
never to this extreme.  The vet seems to feel that it is something in her
diet, but we have never altered it from the beginning.  We provide them with
high quality food and vitamins in their water, but nothing seems to be
helping.

I was hoping that someone has run across this type of problem before and can
give me some advise.  I hope this is not a sign of problems to come and what
should I do if it is.  Please send any advise you may have e-mail.  I would
really appricate it.  Thank you.