Date:
Wed, 13 Nov 2002 12:29:13 EST
I can see from what was written by GCFA that there is no sense of shame,
or remorse of any kind.  I am glad they wrote to the FML.  It shows me
that I did do the right thing.

The jumping the gun statement has been nicely twisted; like a knife.

Norm told me he wished that I had waited to tell the FML about the cages
because he wanted to be the first to let everyone know at the Oct show
in 2001.  I remember that because I felt badly that I had stolen his
thunder.  And I aplogized for not knowing he wanted it to be the first
one to announce the memorial cages.

As it turns out, he was so busy, he never got to make the announcement.
At least that is what he told me.  I went over to the tables, and they
were scrambling.  There was a little spat concerning who brought what.
The show is hectic and involves lugging, packing, unpacking, and
cooking!, while still trying to run a shelter.

We spent quite some time discussing the cages, and how the shelter could
not have space to build more than 4 cages at a time.  No more ripping of
sleeves.  No more clips on the cages.  It was a terrific idea.

As I pointed out, it was best to announce it before the show because
people who regularly attend the show know that the vendors do not usually
accept checks or credit cards.  Letting people know ahead of time would
meant that people would have their wallets right there for new cages for
the shelter with the names of their babies.  Otherwise-they would not
bring their wallets.  And the spirit of the moment would be lost.

This was no pipe dream.Pipe dreams are-gee I wish we could do this.
or-someday I hope we can do that.

This was the person I have looked up to for years telling me the cages
were coming .  Not just one day, but days throughout the 12 month period.
And it is my belief that he thought the treasurer was reserving that
money.  Either that -or he was an outright liar.  You never KNOW anybody.
I do not even know what the treasurer looks like.  But I believe that
Norm did not know for a long time that the funds were stolen.

Norm was the person who looked me in the face and told me that the funds
had been misappropriated.  This was what he told me had happened when I
asked again and again about the cages before the show.  He had to ask.
He told me more money yet was needed.  I told him that was not possible.
Please check.  I asked again.  Norm told me then that the money was
misappropriated.

Misappropriate: to embezzle,steal, purloin, cheat.  Look it up.  I did
not create the dictionary.  I did not pull this word out of thin air.

GCFA-the main person at GCFA-Norm: who I have thought the world of for
some time-told me the funds were misappropriated right before the Oct.
show.

And what did I do?

I E-mailed a board member and said that this was serious and not to be
laughed off.  She was telliing me that the board did not think anything
of this.I told her it was wrong.

That letter cost me dearly.  But out of it-the board promised to give
back the money that was misappropriated right after the show.

They did not.