Date:
Wed, 5 Apr 2006 18:59:44 -0400
Here is a diddy I pulled off the internet.  I don't really CARE about
how long they've been domesticated, but most info that I am reading -
pre-dates the domestication of dog/cats.  And before someone baps me over
the head, I have 3 cats, 4 urchins, and 1 dog.  And 5 sons, but we all
know that the sons will NEVER become domesticated, because they: leave
their smelly socks everywhere, drop a towel wherever they want, and
couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with their dirty clothes (we really
mean hamper here...) - if you paid them too.  That's right people.  They.
Are.  Mini-menn!!!!  Hehehehe......**Big Winks*....., Hey!  Who the hell
just cyber slapped me?  Hehehehe.  Now men - I know you know I was
joking.......wasn't I?

Dooks kiddo's

Kim and her Albuquerque Army of Idiots.

Facts, only the facts kids....o one knows for sure.  One article by Dr.
Freddie Hoffman, from the FDA Veterinarian May/June 1991 Vol VI, No.
III, states that "Domestication of the European ferret predates that of
the cat by more than 500 years," and that "Man's use of the ferret as a
hunter of rodents and rabbits can be traced back as far as the 4th
century B.C."

Despite much confusion, however, the current belief is that ferrets are
not mentioned in the Bible.  Early translations, including the older King
James versions, translate one particular word in Leviticus as "ferret,"
but the modern King James and most other new translations have rejected
this as an error, instead using "gecko" or "lizard".

Nevertheless, it is clear from other archaeological and historical
sources that ferrets have been domesticated for quite a while, at least
2500 years.  According to information from Bob Church, ferrets were
mentioned in 450-425 BC in plays by Aristophanes, by Aristotle around
350 BC, and by Pliny in AD 79, for example.

Lord, help me to be grateful for what I have, and not greedy for what I
want.....