Date:
Sat, 30 Nov 1996 11:12:24 -0700
Well for those of you who remember my first post...I was the one who rescued
Grounds Keeper Willy (willy for short) from the dumpster near where I work.
In the 4 weeks that I've had him he's gained weight, grown back his hair
coat (looks like he's a chocolate) and has stayed sweet as ever.

I ended up bringing another rescue home on Monday.  He's a research ferret
from where I work (I'm sure the mere mention will get people riled up about
it...my point of view on it is..they were treated fairly well, had good
lives and now they have one less).  Rikkitikkitavi is a huge neutered male.
He's about twice the size of willy.  From what I understand 6 ferrets made
it out of Marshall Farms to them without being tattoed, neutered or
descented.  The researchers neutered all the critters but did not descent
them.  My guy is a 1 1/2 year old siamese colored action pack.  I have been
toying with the idea of having him descented since he's very fond of
spraying/scenting anytime he gets even the slighttest reprimand for
biting/digging.  So I thought I'd ask for opinions on whether I can do
anything to control a habitual scenter or whether surgery is the only way.

Both of the ferrets get along great.  There was a few hours were they mildly
argued about a cardboard box in the cage (which I removed for a day), but
overall they really get along great.  They are a joy to behold running
around after each other on my bed and seeing both of them crammed into the
cardboard box for warmth and security.  I'm very glad I got Willy a pal...
seems he doesn't sleep nearly as much as he used to and Tavi is toning down
nicely from his year long free reign.

I'm still on my food crusade...I contacted all the ferret food companies I
could find and had them send literature and/or samples and ended up getting
a free 3lb bag of Kaytee (the one I really didn't want at all).   Anyone
have any personal  opinion on L'Avian?  The ingrediants are fairly close to
TF and it's a bit cheaper.  I'm still trying to find a decent place to
get/order Totally Ferret from...but with this new 3lb bag I think my quest
may wait a lil.

Well thanks for letting my babble :)

Kat

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*  http://www.thuntek.net/~artemis *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*