From:
Dick Bossart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Jan 1995 18:58:34 -0500
This is hear-say.  If someone has specifics, I'd love to get them,
perticularly references.  The person who told me was very knowledgable in
ferrets and rabies.

It is my understanding that the original shedding studies performed on dogs
to establish the 10 day quarantine period were performed at the same European
Research facility and by the same researchers that did the ferret shedding
studies  - J.  Blancou.  I'm wondering why, if this was good enough
tostablish a quarantine period for dogs, why not ferrets?

Dick Bossart