From:
alistair jolly <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Aug 2009 12:33:58 +0100
Hi, Mike. We're in the UK and have just had our first adrenal case,
owned by ferrets for only 4 years. We found an excellent vet who is
up to date on all the new treatments and procedures. We notices the
ferrets moult was looking funny this year so we took him in for a
consult and the following day the vet anesthetized him and had a good
feel of the ferrets abdomen, then called us to ask our permission to
open him up and take a look. The vet found and removed the left adrenal
complete with small tumor and we picked him up that night. After 3 days
separation from the other 5 ferrets we let him back in to join his
buddies and he was bouncing around and being a daft ferret again.

The surgery cost just short of (UK#)400, but hey, that is what credit
card debt is for.

We are looking into giving him the deslorelin implant at around UK#40
every one to two years.

regards
alistair