From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Jan 2000 09:52:39 -0500
I really LIKE the tack that the shelter discussion has taken with Pam and
Anne!!!!!  Instead of what has sometimes happened in the past with some
people getting defensive and nasty on either side, these two ladies have
come on, written absolutely marvelous, constructive, and comprehensive
ways for shelters to learn what they need to know while showing respect to
potential adoptive people, and not only that but their questions also give
a good feel for what people need to learn, which individual ferrets would
be wrong or right for them, and who should not be considered.  If you
missed these posts but have shelter or want to have one then read them when
they become available on the files because they are GREAT!  It's just so
wonderful when people are so constructive.

Supplies: several people have asked about finding things like hammocks,
Cheweasels, etc. recently.  We buy from several places -- some of them
associated with shelters -- but our absolute personal favorite for wide
variety and fine products with great service from people who actually
love ferrets is The Ferret Store: 1-888-8FERRET.